The Pitch Slam looms ever nearer!
After a parade of supercharged presentations this morning, the Writer’s Digest Conference 2011 has swung into full swing. The conference rooms are packed! Here’s what’s on deck for this afternoon:
- How to Be an Author in a World Where Everyone Is a Writer: Editor and publisher Richard Nash on the opportunities in post-traditional publishing.
- 10 Essential Things You Must Know to Craft an Effective Query: The infamous Query Shark, Janet Reid, teaches you how to write a kick-ass query.
- Effective Strategies for Producing Yourself Online & Growing Readership: Presented by David Carnoy, April Hamilton, and Jane Friedman as moderator.
- The Art of the Page Turner: Hallie Ephron
- Pitch Slam (58 Literary Agents)
- Three Hurdles to Publishing Success No One Tells You About: Phil Sexton, the publisher of Writer’s Digest—and a man with experience across sales, marketing, editorial, AND authorship—draws back the curtain on the inner workings of the publishing industry.
Are you ready for the Pitch Slam?
What follows is a beta mashup from Saturday afternoon’s sessions. I’m curating digital artifacts from Twitter, blogs, etc. to tell the digital story of Writer’s Digest Conference 2011, but I’m sure to miss great content. Please tweet me (@virtualDavis) or contact me directly with links to great tweets, blog posts, videos, etc. so that I can add them. Thanks!
- Buzz: Writer’s Digest Conference 2011 (virtualdavis.com)
- Writer’s Digest Conference 2011, Part #1 (virtualdavis.com)
- Writer’s Digest Conference 2011, Part #2 (virtualdavis.com)
- Book Proposals in the Digital Age (janefriedman.com)
- Fifty Ways to Build an Author Platform (digitalbookworld.com)