Get caught stealing like an artist! Austin Kleon (@austinkleon) did… And it seems to be serving him rather well.
Newspaper Blackout will take you down the blackout poetry path, demonstrating the visual and literary appeal of Kleon’s quirky poems. Kleon derives poetry by crossing out most of the words in a given publication, discovering meaning in the remnants, and he’d like to show you how to do the same. (I can’t help thinking about refrigerator leftovers for some reason, but most leftover success stories involve adding/combining rather than subtracting…)
In Steal Like an Artist Kleon deploys his full quiver of mashup, remixing and doodling tricks to offer some practical wisdom about the creative process to his 19 year old self. We’ve all wished our way back in time, yearned for a redo knowing what we now know. Kleon skips the wish and gets it done.
- Steal and Remix like an Artist (meanderingmargaux.com)
- Steal Like an Artist [Book Review] (nursetopia.net)
- Austin Kleon Visual Thinking for Writers (drawinghand.wordpress.com)
- Steal Like an Artist – Book Review (myradicalcommitment.com)
- Do You “Steal Like An Artist”? (randomolio.com)