The flaneur’s art — if he has one — is the art of receptivity. Of being open. Of listening and observing and smelling. Of suspending judgment enough to commune with his subject.
The flâneur seeks communion with the other, and this requires a receptivity and a yielding to the bustle of the urban crowd.
And so it is that an unanticipated invitation from Barbara Greene to wonder and wander the word flaneur was easily accepted earlier today. What follows is the quite-possibly-still-evolving trail of artifacts.
- What is a Flâneur? (virtualdavis.com)
- Metro Flâneur (virtualdavis.com)
- Flanerie: Banal into Art (virtualdavis.com)
- The Loquacious Flâneur (virtualdavis.com)
- Le Flâneur (alexlabry.wordpress.com)