This is a good counterpoint to the flood of Amazon-awed Kindle points that I and many others have been sharing in recent months. I don’t know how accurate these claims are, but I admit that I’ve shied away from buying a Kindle so far because my “test drives” have left me wanting further improvements before I take the leap. These five claims are worth exploring:
- You read slower on a Kindle.
- You almost certainly read stupider on a Kindle.
- The Kindle flunked out of Princeton.
- Amazon can play Big Brother with your books.
- Governments can play Big Brother with your books.
There are interesting articles and test results cited to substantiate these claims, but I wonder about your experience with Kindle. Do you read slower with a Kindle? Less inteligently? Are you worried about Amazon of the Fed snooping (and potentially censoring) your reading list?