Is it an accident that the palm of the hand is cool and inviting, a brookside grotto inviting us in to rest and listen to the water burbling past? Is it an accident that the index finger knuckle suggests an eye awakening a children’s book character from the hand, index finger and thumb? Is it an accident that the fingers and their shadows echo the sensuousRubenesque topography of a woman’s legs and posterior?
Just as the grotto feels safe and calm, like sitting in the earth’s gentle hand. Just as the improvised puppet inspires a child’s laughter and imagination despite being “just your hand”. Just as the nude napping in early evening light suggests cupped fingers, a shadowy hand gathering sheets.
- The Space Between (virtualdavis.com)
- The Cinnamon Peeler (virtualdavis.com)
- Flanerie: Banal into Art (virtualdavis.com)
- Constructed Landscapes (virtualdavis.com)
- The Loquacious Flaneur (virtualdavis.com)
- The Doodle Daily (virtualdavis.com)
- Sidewalk Art (virtualdavis.com)