On Sunday, January 8th, 2012 tens of thousands of people took off their pants on subways in 59 cities in 27 countries around the world. In New York, our 11th Annual No Pants Subway Ride had nearly 4,000 participants, spread out over six meeting points and ten subway lines… If you’re unfamiliar with this event, you might want to first read our history of The No Pants Subway Ride. Since this is the 11th year we’ve done this, there’s not too much to report other than it was another awesome time. (Improv Everywhere)
You’ve gotta love Improv Everywhere and their annual No Pants Subway Ride. Unless you’re too stiff to drop your trousers in public without blinking an eye. Unless you’re too uptight to smile and laugh when the fellow next to you drops his trousers in public without blinking and eye. Spontaneous acts of generosity and hilarity resuscitate levity which is darned near as important as nourishment, respiration and sleep. So say I.
Can you recommend another upbeat improv video or post?
If you’re in need of a wee bit more shake-of-the-blues improv happiness, check out “Black Tie Beach“, “Worst Ice Skater or Best Entertainer? and/or “Welcome To Heathrow Airport“. Bet your day’s going better already!
- Pics Tell the Story of No Pants Subway Rides (mediabistro.com)
- No Pants Subway Ride 2012 (flickr.net)
- City Dwellers Drop Trou for Annual No-Pants Subway Ride (newsfeed.time.com)
- Global No Pants Subway Ride 2012 (boingboing.net)
- No Pants Subway Ride Goes Global (inquisitr.com)
- Scott Beale: Improv Everywhere No Pants Subway Ride 2012 (laughingsquid.com)